Very rare 1960s vintage Global International pastel floral maxi dress
Highest quality twill weave Gabardine Cotton
Tightly woven, lustrous, midweight
Beige, khaki, pastel pink, melon, peach, olive and white
The melon shades have a nearly neon quality to them against their muted background, very unusual and beautiful
Center back nylon zipper and metal hook-loop closure
Fitted nonelastic banded waistline, full length slight A-line skirt
The paper portion of the label has deteriorated over the years as can be seen but otherwise this special piece has aged with utmost grace. Perhaps she was only worn once for a special event and then stored away thoughtfully for decades. She has been laundered and is in beautiful shape top to bottom...this dress will blow you away in person!
• designer: Global International
• era: 1960s
• origin: British Colony of Hong Kong
• fabric: Gabardine Cotton
• color: beige, khaki, pastel pink, melon, peach, olive, white, black outline
• care: gently hand wash in cold water, hang up to air dry away from sunlight-or dry clean. Steam or iron inside-out on lowest possible setting
• condition: excellent - clean - no damage
* all measurements taken flat - bust, waist and hips are doubled.
• shoulder width: 15"
• bust: 39"
• waist: 28"
• hips: 42"
• total length: 56"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• recommended women's size: MEDIUM / LARGE / 10 / 12 (the dress is marked 14 but vintage sizes vary)
• size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements against a similar item that fits you well.
• additional information including important policies regarding shipping, returns, restocking fees, international VAT and more can be found in the FAQ section. Please read through and agree to these policies prior to purchase.
• message me any time if you need further assistance. I'm always happy to help make sure this is exactly what you’re looking for!
Thank you for visiting KCO VINTAGE!
KCO VTG owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA