The sweetest 1960s vintage sturdy heavyweight plain weave flecked gray wool coat with thick, soft and fluffy beige and brown genuine fur collar and cuffs. Double breasted brassy domed button closures with one partial tab at the waist that can be moved to the lower set of buttons if you so wish. Two pockets hidden within the side seams, fully lined in midweight satin. The sleeves run a bit short as can be seen and the coat has a bit of a petite design with A-line silhouette. The fur origin is unlisted but it IS real fur, is not shedding, and is in excellent shape-very fluffy and soft. The lining is very nice and while possibly faded to this deep purple color, the seams are all tight and there are no holes. The texture of the wool is coarse, heavyweight and sturdy. The coat overall is in excellent condition, a wonderful, 60+ year old true vintage piece!
• designer: Modern Deb
• era: 1960s
• origin: unlisted - likely USA
• fabric: wool, genuine fur, metal buttons and hidden snaps, satin lining
• color: dark gray wool, beige and brown fur collar and cuffs
• care: dry clean only and spot clean as needed. Gently brush the fur periodically and store coat in a well ventilated location.
• condition: excellent vintage
* all measurements taken flat on the outside of the jacket - bust, waist and hips are doubled.
• shoulder width-edge to edge: 18"
• sleeve length: 21"
• bust: 38"
• waist: 33"
• hips: 42"
• total length: 36"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• recommended women's size: small or Medium petite (bracelet length sleeves)
• size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements provided against a similar item that fits you well.
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 27” waist, and 36” hips and typically wears US size small or medium.
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class or Priority Mail.
• orders include complimentary insurance and tracking numbers within the USA and to most countries.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the store. Please agree to these policies prior to purchase and get in touch if you have any questions.
• please feel welcome to message me any time, I'm always here and happy to assist you!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA