Women's 1970s vintage pink and gold metallic embroidered brocade tunic made of a heavyweight, high quality material in a gorgeous color combo! Metallic trim down the center front and at the sleeve exteriors, this area is see through which is a unique touch. Otherwise fully lined in pink satin. Wide sleeves, long length, slips on overhead. There is no stretch to this fabric so take care when putting on and off. This authentic vintage piece is in excellent shape and really glows!
• designer: no labels of any kind
• origin: India (the woman I bought this from told me her boyfriend in the 70s brought this back for her after a family trip to India. I can't verify this, but it's a sweet story!)
• fabric: unlisted...likely embroidered woven raw silk or blend
• color: pastel pink, gold metallic
• condition: excellent-clean-no visible flaws
• shoulder width seam to seam: 16"
• sleeve length: 15"
• bust: 38"
• waist: 36"
• hips: 41"
• total length: 31"
• recommended women's size: medium
The model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 26” waist, 36” hips and typically wears small to medium sized clothing.
If a size label is present on this vintage garment, it likely differs from modern expectations of that size. Carefully taken measurements are provided for you to compare to your own body and/or against a similar item that fits you well.
Size recommendations are suggestions only and are not guaranteed. There are no standard size charts across brands and eras, so referring to measurements is the only true way to determine the fit of vintage clothing.
Please feel free to send me a message if you need help or have questions. I love hearing from you and I’m here to help!