Heart stopping beauty and intrigue, this antique jacket was expertly made in Plauen, Germany in a style and construction that leads me to date this around the 1910s. The incredible condition is the only thing that puts this into suspicion because it's about as perfect as it gets. Zero odors, broken stitching, staining, shredding, shedding, or other issues commonly found on garments of this age. The benefits of living of living on the West Coast of the USA is clothing stores incredibly well when done correctly. Yes, the weather is wet, but the key is the absence of warmth. This was clearly stored by someone who knew what they were doing.
The fabric of this jacket is a long pile jet black velvet material that nearly looks like a short length faux fur. The photos have been slightly lightened to show the textures and features of the jacket, so rest assured this is light swallowing BLACK! The dramatic shoulders are gathered, puffed and wide set with a taper toward the wrist and sewn-in cuff. Roomy in the bust, slightly nipped waistline with a flared and curved bottom hem that accentuates your feminine frame.
The jacket is fully lined in midweight silky Rayon in black with red pinstripes. There is a single interior pocket with a flat bow, a very special little detail! The jacket features beautiful black Czech glass buttons with hidden buttonholes along the opening. Notched collar, interior maker or owner label as well as a small hangar loop on the interior. A truly stunning piece!
• designer/other markings: M. Pollack
• origin: Plauen (Germany)
• fabric: long fiber velvet - similar to faux fur, rayon interior
• color: jet black exterior, black with red pinstriping lining
• care: spot clean with a cloth if needed or take to a dry cleaner who specializes in vintage
• condition: EXCELLENT! No odors, stains, ripped seams, worn down areas...gorgeous
* all measurements taken while flat.
• shoulder width-straight across seam to seam: 15"
• shoulder width-straight across outer edge to edge: 22"
• sleeve length-top of shoulder seam down to the sleeve cuff: 23.5"
• bust-underarm seam to seam, then doubled: 37"
• waist-smallest part of waist, then doubled: 35"
• hips-approx. 8” below the waist, then doubled: 46"
• total length-top of the shoulder down to the bottom of the hem: 25"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• recommended women's size: small / medium
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 26” waist, and 36” hips.
• size recommendations are determined by carefully taken measurements and my decades long experience in wearing vintage clothing. Size recommendations often differ from the label and may also differ from your expectations of that size. Label sizes are inconsistent between brands and are highly subjective in general so the absolute best way to determine fit is to compare the measurements within the listing details to your own body's measurements or against a similar item that fits you well.
• message me any time if you need additional information, photos or further assistance with sizing. I'm always happy to help make sure this is exactly what you’re looking for!
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
• shipping is free within the USA via USPS and includes tracking. I will send your order within 1-2 business days and your package will arrive within 2-5 business days depending on the shipping service selected. I package every order with the utmost care and consideration.
• international shipping rates are calculated based on weight and location and while they are expensive, I always offer the lowest rates possible within the USPS system. Most overseas orders arrive between 10-20 business days, but can take longer depending on customs or other issues outside of our control. Tracking is included to most international locations and insurance is complimentary. Please note that this purchase does NOT include VAT, customs fees, or other import taxes. It's best to be familiar with your country's import laws and rates to avoid any surprise charges.
• returns are accepted for refunds minus a 10% re-stocking fee when the following applies:
* the package is shipped 7 days or fewer from the date you received it. (30 days or less for international orders)
* the item is in the same condition as originally sent (clean, unaltered, unworn, no odors, damage etc)
* the pink KCO tag is still attached (if this tag is cut off it will be assumed the item was worn out and a 35% fee will be deducted from your refund. “Wear and return” practices are wasteful and highly discouraged.)
Please send returns to the same address on your package or message me if you need it again. Your refund will be issued within 48 hours of arrival back to me. KCO does not pay for or refund any return shipping expenses.
KCO is not financially responsible for late delivery if shipped on time, nor for lost packages when tracking is provided. A late package is extremely rare and I have never had a package go missing. Rest assured I will do my best to assist you resolve any delivery issue related to USPS.
ABOUT KCO VINTAGE
Based in Anacortes WA, USA, I have been a trusted and reliable online seller since 2012. I consider it a great honor to be your digital personal shopper and I’m fully dedicated to providing you with exceptional customer service from beginning to end. I thoroughly inspect each item and do my absolute best describing all details so you can feel confident in your purchase. I live and work in a 100% smoke-free environment and all clothing will arrive clean and in ready to wear condition. I value transparency, communication and truly enjoy sharing all that is special about every item I sell. I take high quality photographs in order to most accurately show you the colors, details and features...what you see in these photos is the exact item you will receive!
I seek pieces that are inherently special, unusually beautiful, and feature an aesthetic that fully expresses individuality and creativity. I hope you find something special here you can love for a lifetime.
Thank you so much for visiting KCO VINTAGE, I really look forward to working with you!
Owner, Curator, Photographer, Vintage Obsessed Human