Sweet and sexy 1970s vintage yellow-beige, black and gold animal print empire waist mini dress. The material is unlisted but I think it's most likely a midweight Nylon...not thin and sheer like a nightgown, but a bit sturdier and opaque. It is slinky and a bit stretchy, but not by much. Center back zip, fabric wrapped button details on the bust, flouncy ruffle long the bottom hem. The spaghetti straps run through loops in the back at tie at center as shown. The bust is lined, from there down remains unlined. No holes or stains but the finishing stitches on the interior are somewhat crude as shown. Not noticeable when worn but this seems to have been hand made. A perfect dress for lounging, wearing as a swimsuit coverup, or dressing it up for a night out.
It's been gently hand washed in cold water with vegan hypoallergenic detergent then hung up to air dry. It’s in beautiful vintage condition!
• designer: n/a / hand made
• era: 1970s
• origin: n/a
• fabric: unlisted but feels like Nylon Acetate blend
• color: black, golden beige, gold tan
• care: hand wash in cold water then hang up to air dry away from direct sunlight
• condition: EVC
* recommended women's size: 4 / XS
• bust: 32" / 81.3cm
• circ of seam beneath the bust: 29" / 73.7cm
• waist: 28" / 71.1cm
• hips: 36" / 91.4cm
• total length taken under the arm of the dress to bottom hem: 28" / 71.1cm
• 1" = 2.54cm
* size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements provided against a similar item that fits you well and consider any wiggle room needed for comfort or layering.
• the model is 6’ tall with a 33” bust, 25” waist, and 34” hips.
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class or Priority Mail.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average.
• every order includes complimentary insurance and tracking numbers.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop. Please agree to these policies prior to purchase.
Your complete satisfaction is of utmost importance to me so please reach out any time!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA