Awesome and hard to find genuine 1990s vintage ANGELS by John Fluevog black leather oxford style shoe marked with the numbers 307306 37010 4. The uppers are thick black genuine leather with super cool design and off white topstitching. Three metal eyes, original laces, tan leather interior. The chunky platform "Original Angelic Sole" has the cutest imprints of angels as tread and is marked with "Resists alkali, water, acid, fatigue, Satan. 100% natural Hevea tree latex. Walk in Peace." Some interesting history about these awesome kicks from the official website: "The Original Angel Sole is made from 100% Hevea Latex, which is a natural rubber harvested from the Hevea Tree. Aside from being 100% biodegradable leaving no production waste for the environment, they are soft and durable. Compared to The 7th Heaven Sole, they are a lot lighter, bouncier, but don’t last quite as long. These were used in Angels that were produced in Mexico, and are currently used in Angels made in Vietnam and Poland.
From 1990 to 1998, the first Angel shoes were fabricated in Mexico using The Original Angel Soles, made of 100% Hevea Tree latex.
From 1998 to 2005, the next generation of Angel Soles were fabricated in Poland using The 7th Heaven Sole, made of 50% Hevea Tree latex and 50% vulcanized rubber."
The material of the sole has aged in a strange way and while I was able to wear them for photos, they need to be replaced. When you push on the material it is almost crunchy beneath the surface. The issue is more significant on one shoe only. According to the Fluevog website, the soles are absolutely replaceable at Fluevog stores and if you can't get to a store in person, they seem quite confident your local cobbler can fix them up as the shoes are made by "old world" standards, which is to mean they are hand made. These were worn for the video and didn't crumble, so perhaps they will be okay for a bit. Your best option is to fix these babies up and you have a serious classic on your hands!
• designer: John Fluevog
• era: 1990s
• materials: leather upper and interior, natural Hevea tree latex
• color: black with off white topstitching
• condition: uppers are excellent, insole shows a bit of rubbing off of the painted label of one shoe, no wear on interior heels or elsewhere. Soles need replacing as mentioned in detail above.
• marked size UK: 4* - according to the official website, this translates to size US 6.5 and I think they would for size 6 as well.
• interior length: 9"
• ball circ. 10.5"
• toe width: 3.5"
• heel height: 1.25"
• platform/sole height: .75"
• total height: 4"
• 1" = 2.54cm
* the marked size may differ from your expectations as sizing varies between brands and eras. The best way to determine the fit of vintage footwear is to compare the measurements provided against a similar pair of boots or shoes that fit you well.
• all KCO VINTAGE footwear is cleaned inside and out prior to photographing.
• footwear is carefully wrapped and sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS Priority Mail for USA orders, and USPS or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program for international orders.
• orders include complimentary insurance and tracking numbers within the USA and to most countries.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the store. Please agree to these policies prior to purchase and get in touch if you have any questions.
• please feel welcome to message me any time, I'm always here and happy to assist you!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA