This rare and truly incredible late 1940s early 1950s vintage Frank Starr Ted Shore Original matching two-piece dress set is not only gorgeous, but it's also in absolutely perfect condition! Made of a midweight high quality crisp and vibrantly dyed navy blue, burnt orange, pumpkin orange and white abstract printed Cotton. The dress is strapless with fabric covered button details front and center with vertical structural boning on the interior of the bust, back of the bodice, and one at the side to hold everything in place. Metal side zip closure. The bodice is close-fitting with a nipped, nonelastic waistline finished with a full length, very voluminous wide sweeping gathered skirt. The crop top features a large plated circle collar, cap sleeves, and a tie front waist closure. Lovely pleating beneath the collar at the shoulder seams. Both pieces are unlined and without stretch. This gorgeous outfit appears unworn and is in mint vintage condition. No holes, stains, fade, loose seams or threads, odors, or other issues...It really doesn't get any better than this!
If you would like to see additional photos please visit our website www.kcovintage.com.
• designer: Frank Starr Ted Shore Original
• origin: USA
• fabric: Cotton, plastic or metal boning, metal zipper
• color: dark navy blue, burnt orange, pumpkin orange
• condition: MINT
* all measurements taken while flat.
• bust: 35"
• waist: 26"
• hips: 54"
• length: 51"
• bottom hem circumference(sweep): 98"
• bust and waist are adjustable up to 36" under and around the bust depending on how tightly you secure the ties
• total length: 13"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• recommended women's size: XS / Small / 6
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 26” waist, and 36” hips.
• size recommendations are determined by carefully taken measurements and my decades long experience in wearing vintage clothing. Size recommendations often differ from the label and may also differ from your expectations of that size.
• label sizes are inconsistent between brands and are highly subjective in general so the absolute best way to determine fit is to compare the measurements within the listing details to your own body's measurements or against a similar item that fits you well.
• message me any time if you need additional information, photos or further assistance with sizing. I'm always happy to help make sure this is exactly what you’re looking for!
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
• shipping is free within the USA via USPS and includes tracking. I will send your order within 1-2 business days and your package will arrive within 2-5 business days depending on the shipping service selected. I package every order with the utmost care and consideration.
• international shipping rates are calculated based on weight and location and while they are expensive, I always offer the lowest rates possible within the USPS system. Most overseas orders arrive between 10-20 business days, but can take longer depending on customs or other issues outside of our control. Tracking is included to most international locations and insurance is complimentary. Please note that this purchase does NOT include VAT, customs fees, or other import taxes. It's best to be familiar with your country's import laws and rates to avoid any surprise charges.
• returns are accepted for refunds minus a 10% re-stocking fee when the following applies:
* the package is shipped 7 days or fewer from the date you received it. (30 days or less for international orders)
* the item is in the same condition as originally sent (clean, unaltered, unworn, no odors, damage etc)
* the pink KCO tag is still attached (if this tag is cut off it will be assumed the item was worn out and a 35% fee will be deducted from your refund. “Wear and return” practices are wasteful and highly discouraged.)
Please send returns to the same address on your package or message me if you need it again. Your refund will be issued within 48 hours of arrival back to me. KCO does not pay for or refund any return shipping expenses.
KCO is not financially responsible for late delivery if shipped on time, nor for lost packages when tracking is provided. A late package is extremely rare and I have never had a package go missing. Rest assured I will do my best to assist you resolve any delivery issue related to USPS.
ABOUT KCO VINTAGE
Based in Anacortes WA, USA, I have been a trusted and reliable online seller since 2012. I consider it a great honor to be your digital personal shopper and I’m fully dedicated to providing you with exceptional customer service from beginning to end. I thoroughly inspect each item and do my absolute best describing all details so you can feel confident in your purchase. I live and work in a 100% smoke-free environment and all clothing will arrive clean and in ready to wear condition. I value transparency, communication and truly enjoy sharing all that is special about every item I sell. I take high quality photographs in order to most accurately show you the colors, details and features...what you see in these photos is the exact item you will receive!
I seek pieces that are inherently special, unusually beautiful, and feature an aesthetic that fully expresses individuality and creativity. I hope you find something special here you can love for a lifetime.
Thank you so much for visiting KCO VINTAGE, I really look forward to working with you!
Owner, Curator, Photographer, Vintage Obsessed Human