Top shelf luxury paired with tough weather durability, this is the kind of jacket you keep forever, then pass it on to the next generation! It's beautifully made and in perfect condition inside and out, top to bottom. I truly don't think this has ever been worn aside from modeling for this listing. The exterior sheepskin is soft and supple, in a lovely natural tan color. The beige and multi tonal brown dusted interior fleece is so decadent, PLUSH, warm and 1.5" thick! You'll want it to be 25 degrees out all year long so you can rock this incredible piece every day!
Sawyer shearling coats were in business from the late 1800s to the 1990s, sourced and made in the USA, and were considered the best domestic shearling coat you could buy. They were made using the highest quality pelts sewn with large, thick, panels, finished with minimal seams with exposed fur edges. This is the real deal and it still doesn't get any better!
The leather knotted button closures were coated with a shiny lacquer, the buttonholes are reinforced, the two large front patch pockets are cozy for your hands with leather and fur interiors. The large notched collar and length are classic. The roomy silhouette is great for many figures, just be sure to factor in the thickness of the interior when considering the measurements provided. Personally, I like this worn oversized and easily picture well worn flannels or cable knit fisherman sweaters layered beneath...whatever your personal style, this quality vintage piece is a must have in your closet!
• exclusively for you: https://www.kcovintage.com
• accessible to all: https://www.kcovintage.etsy.com
• designer: Sawyer 2
• era: 1970s
• origin: USA
• fabric: sheepskin suede, thick shearling wool interior
• color: beige / tan
• care: use suede eraser on any future spots or take to a professional furrier
• condition: vintage PERFECTION! No smells, stains, holes, loose seams, patchy fur etc.
* recommended women's size: XL / XXL
* recommended men's size: LARGE / XL
• the measurements below were taken with the coat laid flat - bust, waist and hips are doubled to represent approximate circumference.
• shoulder width, seam to seam: 20"
• shoulder width, outer edge to edge: 24"
• sleeve length, shoulder seam to cuff: 28"
• bust/chest: 44"
• waist: 41"
• hips: 46"
• total length: 33"
• 1" = 2.54cm
* size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements provided against a similar item that fits you well and consider any wiggle room needed for comfort or layering.
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 27” waist, and 36” hips and typically wears US size small or medium.
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class or Priority Mail.
• all orders include complimentary insurance and tracking numbers. Tracking reliability varies when enroute to some international destinations.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop. Please agree to these policies prior to purchase. Your complete satisfaction is of utmost importance to me.
• please feel welcome to message me any time, with any questions, I'm always here and happy to assist you!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA