Super cool 1970s vintage Solo SF caftan style maxi dress in black with rainbow color-popping striping throughout.
The fabric is an interesting blend of assumed polyester and lycra, its midweight and does stretch, but not a ton.
There is a slight gloss on the surface and the backing is off white and woven.
Seamless shoulders fall into massive bell sleeves.
A-line full length skirt.
Two ties are attached at the sides of the waist for securing either in front or back.
Unlined, simply slips on overhead.
No holes or stains visible from the outside but there are several small and nearly unnoticable surface scuffs as can be seen in the lightened last photo.
I've had this cleaned and overall is in excellent vintage condition, really an unusual piece!
• all clothing has been thoroughly inspected and carefully cleaned.
• photos and descriptions will detail any imperfections, mends, or unusual features discovered.
• your order will ship quickly, thoughtfully, with tracking and good vibes included free of charge 🖤
KCO VINTAGE is a trusted American source of vintage clothing and shoes since 2012.
Shop www.kcovintage.etsy.com or www.kcovintage.com for specials and promotions…
• maker/designer: Solo
• era: 1970s
• origin: USA label, but unmarked as such
• material: unmarked, feels like a poly lycra maybe spandex blend
• color: black, rainbow
• condition: EVC
* label size: none
• notes on size: looks great worn oversized and cinched in with the belt or more fitted up to 12 / Large
* the label size on vintage clothing may differ from your expectations of how that size typically fits. The best way to determine fit is to compare the measurements provided below with a similar item that fits you well. Our measurements were taken while the garment was laid flat with the bust, waist, and hips doubled to represent circumference…
• shoulder width, outer edge to edge: 20"
• sleeve length: 20"
• bust: 42"
• waist: 42"
• hips: 46"
• total length: 55"
• the model is 5'8" tall, with a 36” bust, 26” waist, and 36” hips.
• 1" = 2.54cm
• the clothing you see in the photos is the exact item you will receive. Vintage clothing is individually sourced so we have only one of each item in the size listed.
• orders are sent within 24-48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class Mail, Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Expedited shipping options are available at checkout and multiple items are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO but Etsy may collect and remit VAT on your behalf. Collection and rates vary per location.
• all orders include complimentary insurance and a tracking number. You will receive an email confirmation when your order has been sent.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop.
🖤 My goal is to inspire creative self expression while exceeding your expectations on every level…send a message if you have any questions, I’m here, and I love to help! 🖤
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Anacortes Washington, USA