Beautiful vintage 1950s-1960s heavyweight black Cotton velvet swing coat fully lined in a purple iridescent embroidered Rayon lining that does make me question whether this coat could date earlier than the 50s...sadly there are no labels to help along with the research. The shoulder seams are normally set with a simple wing collar and long sleeves that taper at the cuff. This coat is heavyweight, very well made and high quality velvet with a roomy silhouette that falls nearly knee length on most heights. It was designed to be worn open with no closures and has two welt pockets at the hips. This coat has no stains or odors, but does have a few minor imperfections. The exterior is nearly perfect aside from a few small bare spots near the bottom hem in front of the coat. The lining is beautiful and unique but there are two small breaks near the neckline as shown. The interior lining near the sleeve cuffs show some breaking as shown in the photos. These issues really aren't noticed while wearing. A beautiful, entirely timeless piece!
• shoulder width-outer edge to edge: 19"
• sleeve length-shoulder seam to sleeve cuff: 22.5"
• bust-underarm side seam to seam, doubled: 48"
• waist-smallest part of waist, doubled: 53"
• hips-approx. 8” below waist, doubled: 60"
• total length-top of shoulder down to bottom hem: 42"
* convert inches to cm - multiply by 2.54
• recommended women's size: large / xl
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 26” waist, and 36” hips.
• size recommendations are my personal suggestions and may differ from the label as these label sizes have changed over the years, are inconsistent across all brands and are highly subjective in general. I provide carefully taken measurements for you to compare to your own body or against a similar item that fits you well. Please message me if you need additional information or help with sizing, I'm happy to assist with any sizing needs!
• shipping is fast and free within the USA. International shipping is calculated based on weight and location and does not include VAT or other import fees. Shipping upgrades are available during checkout. Tracking numbers are included and insurance is complimentary.
• returns are accepted within 30 days of arrival and refunds are subject to a 10% restocking fee (international orders are excluded from restocking fees). Shipping charges are nonrefundable and return shipping is the responsibility of the sender.
KCO Vintage is based in Anacortes, WA, USA. I have been a vintage seller since 2012, offering a highly curated, limited collection of vintage clothing and footwear online and in person by appointment only. I have only one of each piece and our photographs show the exact item you will receive.
Visit www.kcovintage.com for additional photos, special features and more.
Invest in vintage for long lasting, high quality, timeless fashion you can love for a lifetime. Wearing vintage reduces reliance on the destructive fast-fashion industry where worker and human rights are exploited, air and water is heavily polluted, and environments are forever altered by modern clothing manufacturing processes. Purchasing from small, American based businesses does good for individual people, the planet and our future!
When you shop from my store you can trust I am dedicated to providing exceptional customer service from beginning to end. My passion is art, fashion, and pursuing both in an environmentally conscientious way. The KCO aesthetic expresses individuality, creativity, often makes a statement and always promotes self confidence...
Please send me a message if I can be of further assistance and thank you so much for visiting KCO VINTAGE!
Owner, Curator, Photographer, Vintage Obsessed Human