Heavyweight and crazy warm, this 1980s vintage Giel black sheepskin leather jacket is fully lined with thick, plush, silky soft black shearling fur. Super boxy with wide set shoulders, with extra long, roomy sleeves. Two front pockets have a padded edge and are fully lined. The collar is large and notched. Black buttons are on the right side of the jacket, with the holes on the left, so this would traditionally be a mens jacket, but as you can see it looks great on any body. This baby is heavy, weighing in over 5 pounds. While some sheepskin is delicate and petal soft on the surface, this exterior is sturdier and has the cobbled texture of a leather vs suede finish. The interior and exterior are both supple with great flexibility, no dried out or aged areas. If you love the chic aggression of the 80s oversized look, this piece is for YOU...
• designer: Giel
• origin: Turkey
• exterior material: thick, sturdy black leather
• lining material: thick, soft, cozy shearling fur
• pockets: two at each side
• closure: leather buttons, two adjustable buckle style straps at the waistline
• silhouette: boxy, oversized, with extra wide set shoulders and very long sleeves
• weight: 5lb 6oz
• notes on condition: excellent condition inside and out - no stressed seams, no holes, stains, scuffs, odors or matted fur - this is perfectly clean and incredibly well made. Newly made jackets can't even begin to hold their own against a vintage piece like this!
• label size: L * (mens sizing assumed due to the buttons attached on the right side of the jacket) I suggest this would best fit mens Medium, and women's Large/XL. Very wide shoulders, roomy core, lots of space is the upper arms.
* label sizes vary depending on designer, country of origin, and era, so please use the following measurements to determine fit…
• shoulder width - seam to seam: 24"
• sleeve length - shoulder seam to cuff: 24"
• bust - underarm side seam to seam: 53"
• waist - bottom hem: 44"
• total length - top of shoulder to bottom hem: 27"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• bust, waist, and hip measurements were taken flat then doubled to represent approximate circumference.
• our model is 5’8” tall, with a 36” bust, 26” waist and 36” hips.
• see more outerwear: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KCOVINTAGE?section_id=14093734
• KCO VINTAGE clothing has been carefully cleaned and thoroughly inspected. The item you see in the photos is the exact item you will receive.
• orders ship Monday – Friday via USPS. Insurance and tracking numbers are included and complimentary.
• returns are accepted within 14 days of arrival. Refunds are credited back to the original form of payment minus a 10% service fee. We do not cover return shipping costs but are happy to help you choose the best rate for the item in question.
• KCO VINTAGE has been a trusted source for unique, eco-conscious, statement making fashion since 2012. We are experienced, professional, and reliable. If you have any questions about this listing or need help with an order, please get in touch so I may assist you personally. Send a message directly any time.
Shop with confidence and spread the joy of your fabulous vintage style!
Thank you so much for visiting,
Owner and curator of KCO VINTAGE
Anacortes, WA, USA