Classic 1980s vintage Christian Dior skirt suit in a nubby textured blend of gray, red, orange, green, blue and purple. The fabric is a blend on polyester, rayon, silk, cotton and flax linen. It's light to midweight, not stiff, but also doesn't wrinkle easily. I love the color close-up and know you will too.
The blazer jacket has a casual silhouette with single button closure at the waist, two small pockets, notched collar, no shoulder pads, fully lined in red satin.
The skirt is knee length with a loose and mostly shapeless silhouette. It has two pockets at the hips and closes in the back with a zipper and button tab. The first couple of photos show the potential of the skirt if you get it tailored, it was pinned back and up to offer some ideas. The third, fourth and fifth photos show the skirt's natural fit. The skirt is lined in the same red satin fabric. There is no elastic or stretch to the waistband or the fabric.
I have cleaned this set, there are no holes, stains or other issues. Both pieces appear barely worn and have aged with utmost grace.
KCO VINTAGE is a trusted American source of women’s vintage clothing and shoes since 2012. Here you will find high quality, carefully curated pieces that will make you feel beautiful and confident. Your order will ship quickly, safely, and always with love 🖤
Shop here on Etsy www.kcovintage.etsy.com or from our website www.kcovintage.com.
• maker/designer: Christian Dior - The Suit
• era: 1980s
• origin: USA
• color: gray with red, orange, blue, green and purple thread throughout
• material: 65% polyester 20% rayon 9% silk 4% cotton 2% flax
• weight(unpackaged): 2 lbs 3 oz
• condition: excellent - no flaws or damage - clean
* label size: 14 - fits quite a bit smaller, I suggest size 10/12 or Medium/Large but please confirm with the numbers below.
* the label size on vintage clothing may differ from your expectations. The best way to determine fit is to compare the measurements below against a similar item that fits you well.
• shoulder seam to seam: 17"
• shoulder width, outer edge to edge: 22"
• sleeve length: 23"
• bust: 42"
• waist: 39"
• total length, center back of the neck down to the bottom hem: 28"
• waist: 30"
• hips: 42"
• total length, center back of the neck down to the bottom hem: 28.5"
• the model is 5'8" tall, with a 36” bust, 26” waist, and 36” hips.
• 1" = 2.54cm
• the clothing you see in the photos is the exact item you will receive. Any damage or alterations will be disclosed. All clothing is in clean and in ready to wear condition unless mentioned otherwise. Always dry clean or gently hand wash vintage clothing and hang up to air dry. For wrinkles, use steam only – never iron.
• orders are sent within 24 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Expedited shipping options available at checkout and multiple items are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO and rates vary by location. Etsy may collect and remit VAT on your behalf, this varies per location.
• every order includes complimentary insurance and tracking numbers. You will be emailed a confirmation when your package has been sent.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop.
Get in touch if you have questions about anything, I’d love to hear from you and I’m here to help!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA