Embody the glamour you deserve in this romantic and feminine 1940s vintage liquid satin Rayon dressing gown...the lovely ivory satin has undertones of cool gray-palest and most subtle green, with beige colored lace. The silk is lightweight, shiny, delicate, and drapes beautifully over the body. The lace trim along the edge of the circle collar and gathers gently at the sleeve cuffs. This gown closes asymmetrically via an interior tie belt and several tiny metal snaps and one metal hook-loop. As you can see in the second photo, this sits slightly open as designed and if you desire more modesty you may need to move a snap or two off to the side a bit more. There are belt loops but the belt did not accompany this find. The gown is unlined and the fabric does not stretch. Impressively there are no holes or stains on this nearly 80 year old beauty! There are no loose broken seams, snags or other imperfections. The lace is slightly crispy and I imagine this is simply due to age. I hand washed her gently in cool water and hung up to air dry...I will wrap with care and suggest steam only to remove any excess wrinkles. A wonderful piece of wearable history!
• designer: Hobert
• era: 1940s glamour
• origin: unlisted
• fabric: unlisted - liquid satin Rayon, perhaps silk
• color: ivory
• care: dry clean or hand wash in cool water, hang up to air dry
• condition: excellent vintage - no damage
* all measurements with garment laid flat with closures fastened, bust, waist and hip measurements taken seam to seam then doubled.
• shoulder width, edge to edge: 17"
• sleeve length: 17"
• sleeve cuff circumference: 10"
• bust: 35"
• waist: 26"
• hips: 38"
• total length: "
• 1" = 2.54cm
• recommended women's size: XS / Small / petite / 4
• size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements provided against a similar item that fits you well.
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 27” waist, 36” hips and typically wears US size small or medium.
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class or Priority Mail.
• orders include complimentary insurance and tracking numbers within the USA and to most countries.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the store. Please agree to these policies prior to purchase and get in touch if you have any questions.
• please feel welcome to message me any time, I'm always here and happy to assist you!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA