This 1960s vintage Hudson's Bay Point Blanket jacket is a unique iteration of the classic primary color blankets that flood the internet, and you're sure to stand out as having something rare. This ivory beige and pale blue-gray striped is thick, heavy, and very warm, with an additional zip-in satin and wool blend liner. This liner is not in good condition as shown in the photos - the underarm seams are torn and there is a hole in the wool. The main coat is also stained along the sleeve with a larger, lighter swath of discoloration off to the side in the front. It's hard to notice in most lighting, more noticeable in others. The toggles are also discolored.This may have been hand made by someone using their old HBC blanket as the top stitching seems more ornate than typically seen on these style coats. I also haven't seen the frog toggle style closure or the rollover shawl collar style before. There are large pockets in the front, rounded shoulders, and bracelet length sleeves (depending on your personal arm length). I would wear this without the liner as the wool of the coat is in great condition - no holes and the staining isn't horrendous. This would make for the perfect weekend cabin getaway item where you want to look the part but also need to pack in firewood and not worry about destruction of your fashion. This jacket is rugged, well made, iconic and is able to join you on any adventure you may have in store...
~exclusively for you: https://www.kcovintage.com
~accessible to all: https://www.kcovintage.etsy.com
• designer: Hudsons Bay Company
• era: 1960s
• origin: England
• fabric: wool
• color: pale ivory with pale blue/gray
• care: dry clean
• recommended women's size: medium - large petite* (sleeves run short)
• shoulder width: 21"
• sleeve length: 18"
• bust: 46"
• waist: 46"
• hips: 46"
• total length: 38"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• measurements were taken with the garment laid flat - bust, waist and hips are doubled to represent approximate circumference.
* size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements provided against a similar item that fits you well and consider any wiggle room needed for comfort or layering.
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 27” waist, and 36” hips and typically wears US size small or medium.
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class or Priority Mail.
• all orders include complimentary insurance and tracking numbers. Tracking reliability varies when en route to some international destinations.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop. Please agree to these policies prior to purchase. Your complete satisfaction is of utmost importance to me.
• please feel welcome to message me any time, with any questions, I'm always here and happy to assist you!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA