This vintage dress caught my eye straight away and I gravitated toward it like a moth to a flame...
Made with a firey bright red with subtle orange undertones, softly shiny, and slippery to the touch midweight nylon.
Drapes beautifully and feels great on the skin.
The fitted deep v-bodice is made much more interesting with the triangular winged collar and flutter sleeves.
There are attached sash ties that slip through a side seam opening and tie together at the side or in the back.
Metal snaps and hook-loops add even more security to the closure.
Wide sweeping full length skirt.
Completely unlined but opaque.
The fabric has some stretch and slink to it but not as much as a thin nylon nightgown does, for example.
This dress is quite flattering and is certainly going for the glamour of the 1930s-40s but appears handmade.
From the style of the fabric my guess is it was made in the 1970s.
This looks fabulous one, but there is one small dark mark at the back of one shoulder blade and one teeny tiny hole near the bottom of the skirt...otherwise this is flawless, hand washed, and ready to be loved by you while in the boudoir or out on the town...
• all clothing has been thoroughly inspected, carefully cleaned, and steamed.
• photos and descriptions will detail imperfections, mends, or unusual features discovered.
• your order will ship quickly, thoughtfully, with tracking and good vibes included 🖤
KCO VINTAGE is a trusted American source of vintage clothing and shoes since 2012.
Shop www.kcovintage.etsy.com or www.kcovintage.com for specials and promotions…
• maker/designer: no tags or markings, likely hand made
• era: assumed to be from the 1970s
• origin: unknown
• material: medium weight slippery nylon
• color: bright red with very faint orange undertone
• condition: good - minor flaws shown in the photos
* vintage label size: none
• modern size: XS/Small or 4/6 - the fabric is stretchy and the wrap style allows for some extra room, especially if you forgo the snaps.
* the label size on vintage clothing may differ from your expectations of how that size typically fits and size suggestions are my opinion based on the measurements. The best way to confirm the size is to compare the measurements provided below with a similar item or send me a message for a personal recommendation or advice 🖤
• the model is 5'8" tall, with a 36” bust, 26” waist, and 36” hips.
• the clothing you see in the photos is the exact item you will receive. Vintage clothing is individually sourced so we have only one of each item in the size listed.
• orders are sent within 24-48 hours of purchase, Monday-Friday, via USPS First Class Mail, Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Expedited shipping options are available at checkout and multiple items are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO but Etsy may collect and remit VAT on your behalf. Collection and rates vary per location.
• all orders include complimentary insurance and a tracking number. You will receive an email confirmation when your order has been sent.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT, and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop.
🖤 My goal is to inspire creative self-expression while exceeding your expectations on every level…send a message if you have any questions, I’m here, and I love to help! 🖤
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Anacortes, Washington USA