Amazing 1970s vintage deep burgundy silk and embroidered gold metallic caftan style maxi dress.
Wide draped half-length seamless dolman sleeves.
Nehru collar with button-loop closures at the bodice.
Lined in lightweight and crisp rayon or silk, sleeves are unlined.
The fabric is lightweight, silky, does not stretch, and the embroidery gives it a bit of weight, especially at the sleeve cuffs where the embroidery is more elaborate.
Some of the gold threads are broken either from construction or age, but it's not much of a visual issue IMO.
I have gently hand-washed this beautiful piece in cold water, then hung it up to air dry, then steamed it smooth.
There are no holes, stains, odors, torn seams, runs or other issues.
This is in excellent vintage condition and ready for you to look and feel like royalty while lounging about or traveling the world...
Upon researching the label I came across the obituary for Molly Lindsay and she did indeed open a shop in Stratford called The Parlour Boutique but it was difficult finding more about this particular shop's history but it does appear she and her husband were very active in the theatre art scene in Ontario, and there is a Design Fellowship award named for the pair. Reading about this lovely woman was a joy and adds a bit of history to this beautiful piece. https://mollylindsaykent.wordpress.com/
• all clothing has been thoroughly inspected, carefully cleaned and steamed.
• photos and descriptions will detail imperfections, mends, or unusual features discovered.
• your order will ship quickly, thoughtfully, with tracking and good vibes included 🖤
KCO VINTAGE is a trusted American source of vintage clothing and shoes since 2012.
Shop www.kcovintage.etsy.com or www.kcovintage.com for specials and promotions…
• maker/designer: The Parlour
• era: 1960s
• origin: Stratford, Ontario Canada
• material: silk shell, silk or rayon lining
• color: deep burgundy, gold metallic thread
• condition: EVC
* vintage label size: none found
• modern size: best fit is to wear roomy, size small/8 up to a more fitted medium/10
* the label size on vintage clothing may differ from your expectations of how that size typically fits and size suggestions are my opinion based on the measurements. The best way to confirm the size is to compare the measurements provided below with a similar item or send me a message for a personal recommendation or advice 🖤
• width across the top edge of sleeves: 46.5"
• bust: 44"
• waist: 43"
• hips: 42"
• total length: 49.5"
• the model is 5'8" tall, with a 36” bust, 26” waist, and 36” hips.
• 1" = 2.54cm
• the clothing you see in the photos is the exact item you will receive. Vintage clothing is individually sourced so we have only one of each item in the size listed.
• orders are sent within 24-48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class Mail, Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Expedited shipping options are available at checkout and multiple items are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO but Etsy may collect and remit VAT on your behalf. Collection and rates vary per location.
• all orders include complimentary insurance and a tracking number. You will receive an email confirmation when your order has been sent.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop.
🖤 My goal is to inspire creative self expression while exceeding your expectations on every level…send a message if you have any questions, I’m here, and I love to help! 🖤
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Anacortes, Washington USA