Luxuriously soft and fabulously bold, this 1980s vintage Escada virgin wool coat has everything you love about the designer and the 1980s in general...bold colors and prints with an interesting oversized silhouette...This lovely specimen features incredibly soft virgin wool that you could easily mistake for cashmere, it's so lovely! The wool is mid to lightweight in a black and pale buttercream yellow buffalo check pattern. The collarless neckline leads down toward large wide dolman sleeves, rounded seamless shoulders, with tapered and darted cuffs. The body is roomy and oversized and falls at or below the knees, there are two large patch pockets in the front and it closes with black double-breasted buttons. The silky lightweight black satin lining of the sleeves and body features the brand name throughout. There are large, round, and soft shoulder pads sewn in but the lining is attached to the bottom hem so unless you open a seam, there is no simple way to up into the shoulder area to remove them. But would you want to anyway??? these shoulder pads add just the right amount of power without being severe...this coat has been cleaned and is in perfect vintage condition...no odors, stains, moth bites, holes, torn seams or other signs of wear or age. Vintage perfection!
I ship orders quickly and safely and use recyclable, reusable, re-used, or biodegradable packaging. I find many interesting things while hunting and gathering and can’t wait to share them with you!
Keep scrolling for more details on this vintage gem and message me anytime if you have questions, I’d love to hear from you🖤
• designer: Escada by Margaretha Ley
• era: 1980s
• origin: West Germany (this border distinction dissolved in 1990, so the coat dates to 1989 or before)
• fabric: 100% new wool, satin lining
• color: black and pale yellow
• care: dry clean or machine wash in cold water on the gentle cycle. Take out, reform the length of the hem and sleeves, then hang up to air dry while periodically coming back to reform and brushing out the fibers with stiff bristled brush. Only steam, never iron.
• condition: vintage perfection!
• measurements were taken with the garment laid flat. Bust, waist and hips are doubled to represent approximate circumference.
• shoulder+sleeve length taken from the edge of the neckline down the sleeve to the cuff: 28"
• bust: 48"
• waist: 48"
• hips: 48"
• total length: 40"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• vintage tag size: 36
* recommended size: LARGE / XL
* size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements provided against a similar item that fits you well and consider any wiggle room needed for comfort or layering.
• the model is 5’8” tall with a 36” bust, 27” waist, and 36” hips.
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class Mail, USPS Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Upgrades are always available and combined orders are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO.
• every order includes complimentary insurance and tracking numbers.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop. Please agree to these policies prior to purchase and send a message if you need further assistance with anything at all...
I am 100% at your service and want nothing more than to make you happy!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA