The Draper family business is the oldest sheepskin company in Glastonbury, and the oldest sheepskin footwear manufacturer in the United Kingdom. According to their website, they use "the best of all the skins to be found, we make a well tailored product that is the Rolls Royce among sheepskin." This brand has deep heritage and I implore you to read more about this history here: https://www.draper-of-glastonbury.com/pages/about-draper-of-glastonbury
These boots are in beautiful condition, the sheepskin is sturdy around the toes and heel supported by a semi flexible black rubber wedge platform sole, with soft and supple sheepskin around the ankle and tongue. The entire boot and insole is thick, soft, plush shearling fur...SO warm and cozy tested and confirmed by me, in the dead of an extra cold PNW winter. My house is minimally heated for environmental reasons, so warm slippers or boots are of great concern to me and these fit the bill and then some...
They lace up and have a loose fit around the opening but this with vary depending on your own foot and ankle shape and size. I wear size 8-8.5 and these were too large on me which may explain the loose feeling. These boots hardly show wear and have no damage, odor, matting, shedding or other issues. You will adore these now, and for years to come...
"The second generation Richard Donald Draper joined his father in 1955 and it was at this time that new Italian vulcanising machinery was installed for sheepskin boot making. It was the first machine of it's kind in England.
During the late 1950’s and early 1960’s, the company became a major boot supplier to the U.S.S.R and extra factory facilities were taken over in Clevedon and Bristol. By now over four hundred people were employed in manufacturing Draper sheepskin products."
KCO VINTAGE is a verified and trusted American source of women’s vintage clothing and shoes since 2012. Orders ship quickly, safely, and always with love 🖤
Shop here on Etsy www.kcovintage.etsy.com or from our website www.kcovintage.com.
All footwear has been carefully inspected, thoroughly cleaned, photographed, measured, and described in detail…if I can get them on(I wear size 8-8.5), I walk around and film it so you can see how they look and behave when worn. I LOVE vintage shoes and know you will too!
• designer: Draper
• era: 1980s
• origin: England
• material: real sheepskin
• color: black
• weight(unpackaged): 1 lbs 14 oz
• condition: perfect! they appear new, unworn, no damage
* marked size: no markings...IMO these are a size 9.5 and are wide and loose around the ankle by design.
* the marked size on vintage footwear may differ from your expectations of that size. The best way to determine fit is to compare the measurements below against a similar pair of boots or shoes that fit you well. Consider any wiggle room needed for socks, custom insoles etc.
• insole length: 10.25"
• toe width: 3.5"
• arch over instep: 7.25"
• ankle/opening circumference: 15" adjustable +/- 1"
• platform height: .25"
• heel height: 1.75"
• total height: 6.5"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• the footwear you see in the photos is the exact pair you will receive… this is the only pair, so make them yours before they are gone forever…
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Upgrades are always available and combined orders are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO and rates vary by location.
• every order includes complimentary insurance and tracking numbers.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop.
Get in touch if you have questions about these shoes or anything else in the shop…I’d love to hear from you!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA
See more from our curated collection of one of a kind vintage clothing and shoes…