Beautiful deep royal blue late 1970s, early 80s vintage St. John knit midi dress. Gathered slightly puffed shoulders, small squared double breasted buttons close the bodice, two slide pockets at the hips. Pleated shoulder pads are sewn in and lay mostly flat. The waistline is not elastic but does taper in a bit. Heavy and slinky, the knit is tight and very well done. Unlined with some stretch. Two small mends at the bodice that are barely visible unless looking at the dress from the inside. Zoom in to the last photo to see details. Aside from these, the dress is in nearly perfect condition and appears barely worn. There is no loss of shape, no vintage odor, staining, holes, pulls etc. Very lovely top to bottom!
• designer: St John by Marie Gray
• era: 1970s-80s
• origin: unlisted
• fabric: unlisted-to fabric tag-most likely wool
• color: dark royal blue-gold tone metal and blue resin buttons
• care: dry clean or gently hand wash, roll up in a towel to press excess water out, lay flat to retain shape, then hang to completion.
• condition: excellent with mends as shown
* all measurements taken flat - bust, waist and hips are doubled.
• shoulder width, edge to edge: 18"
• sleeve length: 22.5"
• bust: 32-36"
• waist: 28-31"
• hips: 36-42"
• total length: 40"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• recommended women's size: small / medium / 7/8
• size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements against a similar item.
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 27” waist, and 36” hips.
• additional information including important policies regarding shipping, returns, restocking fees, international VAT and more can be found in the FAQ section. Please read through and agree to these policies prior to purchase.
• message me any time if you need further assistance. I'm always happy to help make sure this is exactly what you’re looking for!