1960s or 70s vintage white eyelet cotton caftan with front zipper closure into an optional high collar neckline, rounded bottom hem, and sewn up each side with wide armholes. White woven banded piping along the edges. The material is not slippery, it has the texture of a midweight cotton, but is woven tightly and is thin. It's not at all one of those cheap netted "vintage-inspired" caftans you find online. This is the REAL true vintage deal! Great drape and silhouette, this is so unique, glamorous, and well made Wear over a swimsuit or bodysuit, this is ready to be styled wherever your imagination takes you!
• designer: unknown - no labels
• era: 60s-70s
• origin: unknown
• fabric: unlisted - feels like a cotton or cotton blend
• color: white
• care: hand wash in cold water, hang up to air dry, reshape the woven trim as needed
• condition: excellent - when I found this caftan it was very dingy so I hand washed it with bleach to whiten things up which worked great, but a slight bleachy smell remains. This will go away with more washes and if you are into DIY projects this would be an awesome piece to dye any color you could imagine!
* all measurements taken flat - bust, waist and hips are doubled.
• armhole circumference: 22"
• bust(take with the piece inside-out, from under the arm, side seam to seam: 46"
• waist: 44"
• hips: 44"
• total length: 52"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• recommended women's size: large / xl
• size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements provided against a similar item that fits you well.
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 27” waist, and 36” hips and typically wears US size small or medium.
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class or Priority Mail.
• orders include complimentary insurance and tracking numbers within the USA and to most countries.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the store. Please agree to these policies prior to purchase and get in touch if you have any questions.
• please feel welcome to message me any time, I'm always here and happy to assist you!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA