Boy they don't make shoes like these anymore...authentic 1960s - early 1970s vintage thick, heavy, navy blue and ivory vinyl faux patent leather lace up platforms. The tan platform sole and chunky squared heel was made with a heavyweight and very solid rubber. The bottom tread is smooth but a bit beat up as you can see. The interior is a super cool striped cloth material and the original striped laces match the shoes but don't perfectly match one another, one is a bit dingier in tone. These are clunky, wide, bulbous and fabulous! The size isn't marked anywhere but I had my husband try them on and wear them around the house...he says they fit what he would think would be a size 10. Check out the measurements below to confirm the fit. There are several small imperfections as shown in the photos but the structure is so solid these will certainly last for many many years to come. I've cleaned them thoroughly but a discoloration/patina remains. Regardless, these are still awesome. Watch some old Soul Train videos and see shoes just like these in peak groovy action...
KCO VINTAGE is a verified and trusted American source of women’s vintage clothing and shoes since 2012. Orders ship quickly, safely, and always with love 🖤
Shop here on Etsy www.kcovintage.etsy.com or from our website www.kcovintage.com.
All footwear has been carefully inspected, thoroughly cleaned, photographed, measured, and described in detail…if I can get them on(I wear size 8-8.5), I walk around and film it so you can see how they look and behave when worn. I LOVE vintage shoes and know you will too!
• designer: 900 Series sticker on the insole
• era: 1960s - 1970s
• origin: unknown - unmarked
• material: unmarked - thick heavy sturdy vinyl faux patent leather, fabric lining, rubber sole and heel
• color: dark navy blue and off white ivory, brick red striping on the inside
• weight(unpackaged): 3 lbs 0 oz
• condition: minor cosmetic imperfections, overall structurally sound and awesome in every way
* marked size: not marked - suggested fit is men's size 10, womens size 10.5-11
* the marked size on vintage footwear may differ from your expectations of that size. The best way to determine fit is to compare the measurements below against a similar pair of boots or shoes that fit you well. Consider any wiggle room needed for socks, custom insoles etc.
• insole length: 11"
• toe width flat across insole at the widest point: 3.5"
• arch over instep: 6.5"
• sole / platform height: .5"
• heel height: 1.75"
• total height: 4.5"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• the footwear you see in the photos is the exact pair you will receive… this is the only pair, so make them yours before they are gone forever…
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Upgrades are always available and combined orders are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO and rates vary by location.
• every order includes complimentary insurance and tracking numbers.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop.
Get in touch if you have questions about these shoes or anything else in the shop…I’d love to hear from you!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA
See more from our curated collection of one of a kind vintage clothing and shoes…