Seriously AWESOME dyed suede 1980s vintage knee high (or even over the knee depending on your leg length!) boots by So What Kenneth Cole. I've never seen this variation of the brand before but I'm glad I did and so will you! They might even be one of the original 40,000 pairs of Itaian boots the designer sold in his legend making debut of his business in NYC in 1982! The suede has a long nap, is thick, yet also floppy and flexible when moving around. The surface is soft to the touch with the dyed leather backing lining the interiors. This leather is nubby and cracking by age or by nature, but it's not flaking or at all uncomfortable, it's just a texture when you run your hand on this inside against the grain. The beautiful orange color has warm or reddish undertones (not a cool orange) and the color is on the desaturated side but I wouldn't describe this as fade. There are however a few swaths of slightly faded areas as can be seen in the photos. And as you can also see, it's quite slight and more or less unnoticeable. There's a bit of set in discoloration near the crease down the center and along the top edge but again, BARELY noticeable and you can wear these folded over as well. The sole is sturdy with the beige paint scuffed away and the short block heel is strong and balanced. The last three photos show what I'm describing here. These are truly amazing boots that I know you'll absolutely love!
KCO VINTAGE is a verified and trusted American source of women’s vintage clothing and shoes since 2012. Orders ship quickly, safely, and always with love 🖤
Shop here on Etsy www.kcovintage.etsy.com or from our website, www.kcovintage.com.
Boots and shoes have been carefully inspected, cleaned, disinfected, photographed, measured, and described in detail…
• designer: So What by Kenneth Cole
• era: 1980s
• origin: Italy
• material: suede leather, man made sole and heel
• color: orange with red undertones
• weight(unpackaged): 1 lbs 14 oz
• condition: VGVC with minor wear - clean and beautiful!
• measurements were taken with a flexible tape measure. The insole length was taken along the interior footbed, all other measurements were taken from the exterior.
• insole length: 9.5"
• toe width: 3"
• arch over instep: 6"
• ankle circumference: 11"
• calf circumference: 13"
• opening circumference: 14"
• platform height: .25"
• heel height: .75"
• total height: 19"
• 1" = 2.54cm
* marked size: 7
• the footwear you see in the photos is the exact pair you will receive… this is the only pair, so make them yours before they are gone forever…
* marked size or recommendations on fit may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of footwear bought online is to compare the measurements provided against a similar pair of boots or shoes that fit you well and be sure to consider any wiggle room needed for socks, custom insoles etc.
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Upgrades are always available and combined orders are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO and rates vary by location.
• every order includes complimentary insurance and tracking numbers.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop.
Get in touch if you have questions about these shoes or anything else in the shop…I’d love to hear from you!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA
See more from our curated collection of one of a kind vintage clothing and shoes…