Ok wow, this piece is so epic...it instantly caught my eye and captured my heart and I know it will have the same effect on you!
From afar it looks like leather, get closer and it looks like vinyl, then touch it...it's soft, supple, flexible...like a lighter-weight rubber but not quite like the PVC of some vintage raincoats.
It's a fabulous fabric with an even better color...just like the photos!
Pearlescent pastel green with an all-over glow that will surely get heads to turn in your direction.
It has a wide floppy triangular collar, a sweeping A-line silhouette, a single interior button, and one cool silver-tone exterior button closure.
The buttonhole stitches are a bit worn and wavy/misshapen as a result, but when buttoned it's a nonissue.
Another unusual thing to note is the placement of the pockets. They are within a side seam as you can see, but this side seam is set further back on the frame than is standard, so to have your hands in the pockets pulls the jacket forward and slightly taught across the back shoulders. You can see this in the side view modeled shot. Again, not really a flaw or big issue, just a nuance of the piece.
I believe this was handmade or custom-made as it's so unusual, I mean just check out that incredible lining!
All hems are finished and secure to the shell, there are small soft padded shoulders but with the attached lining these will be hard to remove unless you go in through a seam.
Leave them be, they look great and arent over the top. Aside from the buttonholes, this is in clean, excellent condition and really appears nearly unworn.
Truly a one of a kind find!
KCO VINTAGE is a trusted American source of women’s vintage clothing and shoes since 2012. Here you will find high quality, carefully curated pieces that will make you feel beautiful and confident. Your order will ship quickly, safely, and always with love 🖤
Shop here on Etsy www.kcovintage.etsy.com or from our website www.kcovintage.com.
• maker/designer: no labels, it's so unusual it's likely handmade or custom made
• era: unsure...looks 60s, could be 80s does 60s...
• origin: n/a
• color: pearlescent pastel green
• material: unlisted - soft vinyl or faux vinyl...midweight satin lining
• weight(unpackaged): 2 lbs
• condition: excellent
* label size: n/a...best fit is size large or XL
* the label size on vintage clothing may differ from expectations so it’s VITAL to compare the measurements below with a similar item that fits you well. These measurements were taken with the garment laid flat and the bust, waist, and hip is doubled to represent approximate circumference. Please get in touch if you need additional assistance with sizing, I’m happy to help in any way possible 🖤
• shoulder seam to seam: 16.6"
• shoulder width, outer edge to edge: 20"
• sleeve length: 23"
• bust: 39"
• waist: 38"
• hips: 46"
• total length, center back of the neck down to the bottom hem: 39"
• the model is 5'8" tall, with a 36” bust, 26” waist, and 36” hips.
• 1" = 2.54cm
• the clothing you see in the photos is the exact item you will receive. Any damage or alterations will be disclosed. All clothing is in clean and in ready to wear condition unless mentioned otherwise. Always dry clean or gently hand wash vintage clothing and hang up to air dry. For wrinkles, use steam only – never iron.
• orders are sent within 24 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Expedited shipping options available at checkout and multiple items are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO and rates vary by location. Etsy may collect and remit VAT on your behalf, this varies per location.
• all orders include complimentary insurance and a tracking number. You will receive email confirmation your order has been shipped.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop.
Please get in touch if there is anything else you need to know, and thank you for
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Anacortes, WA, USA