Unique and unusual, this 1980s vintage red wool coat has a dramatic amount of material that falls in wide sweeping layers. The wool is thin, yet very high quality and heavy. The hemlines have a serged raw edge and the coat is unlined. Red dome buttons close the coat off to the side of center with a rounded floppy collar. Two welt pockets at the hips and a funky attached half belt in the back. This coat was found at an estate sale of a 96 year old woman who had amazing taste in long, oversized, artsy coats and other clothing. Her house was in LaConnor, WA, perched up on a hill overlooking the bay and islands. She had a pottery and painting studio as well as several other crafting stations. Basically exactly the kind of woman I'd love to be someday!
This coat is very lovely and looks perfect on but there are several small bare spots on the surface of the wool, showing the weave beneath where the fuzzy surface used to be. Mostly near the bottom hem and one near the shoulder. They are all small and due to the already thin nature of the weave it's not an obvious dent in the surface. I have cleaned this coat, it is free from odors, stains or holes. If you love being wrapped up in big drapey coats then this beauty is for you!
KCO VINTAGE is a trusted American source of women’s vintage clothing and shoes since 2012. Here you will find high quality, carefully curated pieces that will make you feel beautiful and confident. Your order will ship quickly, safely, and always with love 🖤
Shop here on Etsy www.kcovintage.etsy.com or from our website www.kcovintage.com.
• maker/designer: Merle
• era: 1980s
• origin: USA
• color: red
• material: wool
• weight(unpackaged): 3 lbs 6 oz
• condition: VGVC
* label size: S/M ---very oversized! I'd size this as a 2X if it were hot off the production line...
* the label size on vintage clothing may differ from your expectations. The best way to determine fit is to compare the measurements below against a similar item that fits you well.
• shoulder width: 20"
• sleeve length: 23"
• bust: 50"
• waist: 51"
• hips: 52"
• total length: 48"
• the model is 5'8" tall, with a 36” bust, 26” waist, and 36” hips.
• 1" = 2.54cm
• the clothing you see in the photos is the exact item you will receive. Any damage or alterations will be disclosed. All clothing is in clean and in ready to wear condition unless mentioned otherwise. Always dry clean or gently hand wash vintage clothing and hang up to air dry. For wrinkles, use steam only – never iron.
• orders are sent within 24 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS Priority Mail, or Etsy’s Global Shipping Program. Expedited shipping options available at checkout and multiple items are shipped at a discounted rate.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average. VAT is not collected or paid by KCO and rates vary by location. Etsy may collect and remit VAT on your behalf, this varies per location.
• every order includes complimentary insurance and tracking numbers. You will be emailed a confirmation when your package has been sent.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the shop.
Get in touch if you have questions about anything, I’d love to hear from you and I’m here to help!
owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA