Very rare and incredibly beautiful authentic 1960s-70s vintage Frankie Welch "The Frankie" maxi wrap dress. Lightweight crisp structured pure silk fabric in an abstract green and red abstract pattern. Wide seamless half sleeves, center back nylon zipper closure. Two long ties at the sides of the waist showcasing her signature and versatile wrap style silhouette. Unlined and without stretch. In perfect vintage condition with no signs of wear, this is your chance to own a piece of American fashion history! A snippet from her Wikipedia page:
"In September 1963, she opened a shop at 305 Cameron Street in Alexandria, Virginia, operating an official guest house on the upper floors and her clothing shop on the street level. The house was noted in guidebooks as a tourist attraction, because George Washington and his men dined there and it was the first bank in Virginia. By 1964, she was marketing "The Frankie" nationwide. The adaptable design came in various fabrics and hem-lengths, and could be worn in multiple ways, depending on how the waist ties were joined.
Welch was the designer of a dress worn by First Lady Betty Ford, which is now on display in the Smithsonian's First Ladies' Hall in the National Museum of American History. She also designed dresses on display at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library."
• designer: Frankie Welch
• era: 1960s-early 70s
• origin: Alexandria, Virginia, USA
• fabric: 100% silk
• color: red, green
• care: gently hand wash in cold water, hang up to air dry away from sunlight
• condition: excellent, appears to never have been worn.
* all measurements taken while flat - bust, waist and hips are doubled.
• shoulders: free, seamless dolman sleeves
• bust: 38"
• waist: free
• hips: free, wrap style
• sleeves taken from edge of neckline to cuff: 13"
• total length: 55"
• 1" = 2.54cm
• recommended women's size: medium
• size recommendations may differ from the label. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements against a similar item.
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 27” waist, and 36” hips.
• return policies and information about sizing, orders and shipping can be found in the FAQ section. Please read and agree to these policies prior to purchase.
• message me any time if you need further assistance. I'm always happy to help make sure this is exactly what you’re looking for!
Thank you for visiting KCO VINTAGE!
KCO VTG owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human
Fidalgo Island, WA, USA