This coat is truly a work of art! Get lost in the dreamy blue, white and turquoise cloud filled sky and bask beneath the fringe trimmed yellow, orange, and pink hued sun. The colorful scene appears airbrushed with the prettiest, slightest sparkle to the surface as if mica was crushed up to a powder, then mixed within these lovely colors. The fabric used feels like cotton or a blend and the wavy topstitching throughout accentuates the feeling of being amongst the clouds. Lightweight and quilted, this silhouette is not stiff, but it does hold its shape and is slightly warm - not winter weight, nor summer weight, perfect for a cool day or evening. Fully lined with a bright blue cotton interior, the sleeves are bracelet length and the fit is best worn with room to spare. This was designed to be worn open and has no closures, nor pockets. I have searched high and low for information on this artist and all I could find was her name catalogued within SFMOMA's artist directory seen here https://www.sfmoma.org/artist/helen_howell/. This coat could be from the 1950s or 1960s as it does have the short length sleeves and appearance of the label but the overall aesthetic is more 1980s. Dating a piece like this is difficult with nothing to compare it to, but I believe it's safe to say it's certainly one of a kind and is sure to have people stopping in the street with fascination and admiration!
• designer: Helen Howell Original
• origin: unknown - sourced in the USA • fabric: unlisted - Cotton, poly, maybe acrylic blend • color: white, shades of blue, orange, pink • care: spot clean if needed, hand wash very gently or dry clean • condition: perfect vintage! clean, vibrant, flaw free
* all measurements are taken flat - bust, waist and hips are doubled. • sleeve length taken from the edge of the neckline down to sleeve cuff: 24" • bust: 48" • waist: 44" • hips: 44" • total length: 44.5" • 1" = 2.54cm
• recommended women's size: medium / large - sleeves are bracelet length
• size recommendations may differ from the label or your expectations of that size. The best way to determine the fit of vintage clothing is to compare the measurements provided against a similar item that fits you well.
• the model is 5'8" tall with a 36” bust, 27” waist, and 36” hips and typically wears US size small or medium.
• orders are sent within 48 hours of purchase, Monday – Friday, via USPS First Class or Priority Mail.
• orders include complimentary insurance and tracking numbers within the USA and to most countries.
• USA orders arrive within 2-6 business days. International orders arrive within 10-20 days on average.
• store policies regarding returns, refunds, restocking fees, layaway, international VAT and more can be found within the FAQ section of the store. Please agree to these policies prior to purchase and get in touch if you have any questions.
• please feel welcome to message me any time, I'm always here and happy to assist you!
🖤🖤🖤 Katrajina owner, curator, photographer, vintage obsessed human https://www.kcovintage.com https://www.kcovintage.etsy.com instagram@kcovintage Fidalgo Island, WA, USA